Saturday, January 15, 2011

It's been awhile

        Hello, between being busy for awhile and not very consistent access to a computer (I think I've fixed that) has slowed down my blogging. Still here I am. Actually, I am taking an interesting class this semester on Victorian Literature. More specifically on Dickens's. I love Dickens and I hate Dickens. There are so many problems and mistakes in his books, but they are brilliant mistakes. Besides he was just beginging to explore the serialization method of writing novels.
          I have also been studying the Victorian time period (well hello,  it is a class on Dickens). I have a somewhat similar regard to that time period as I do for Dickens. It was about the 'triumphing' of puritans and meateralism. At the same time there was so much good. And they had a few brilliant writers. It was also the time that education became more accesible to the masses. But then the Utiltarian philosphy that came out and we are still struggling with to this day also appeared.
                   So, yes I hate it and love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment