Thursday, April 28, 2011

As usual I have no idea what I am going to write about

         I could write about Beloved that is another book I have to read for classes. It's kindof dumb and very grotesque and somewhat pretenious. To be fair I do not like this vaque writing style where you are not sure what point in the story you are at. It is just jumping all over the place and all over time. I mean I can flippin read Dickens who jumps all over the place, but at least there is a definite story line going.
         People have this mistaken notion that if I can not understand it, it must be intelluctual. That is not true. Sometimes things are hard to understand because they are nonesence. At the same time sometimes something is very intelluctial and one can not understand it because of the actual cleverness in the book. But at the very least through study and being read by smarter people then me, one can find a fairly definite meaning.
           Basically what I am saying is that just because something is hard to understand does not make it 'deep' or clever. Vaque can be just a lack of thought or lack of communication skills. Complicated themes within a work will make it harder to understand but the easier it is to understand, even with the complicated themes, shows a definetly better writing style.

No comments:

Post a Comment