Wednesday, April 20, 2011

well then

        Well I ought to be doing many things including continuing work on my last paper for the Dickens class. This is a fun class, I have to say. I am now reading Our Mutual Friend, I like it if only for the reason that it is the only novel in this class that I had not read before or the ending was somehow ruined for me. That is the problem with classics. To many people know of them and have to in some way make sure you know the ending or some major plot point. One form of literature that is notorious for doing so is parody's. I despise parody's unless the person has something to say. It is easy enough to make fun of someones work. It is hard to point out the actual flaws in a work and show why they are flaws and at the same time be funny. That is the only type of parody that should be given any note. By my way of thinking.
       Anyway Our Mutual Friend is interesting. Very confusing, but that is just Dickens and very long, which is also just Dickens. It is a mystery about greed (I know, how original), with murder (again, original), secret identities, (never saw that one coming) crippled people (okay that's new) and romance (blahhh....). So yes I am very excited to finish it and criticize it. Criticism is the more fun  then reading anyway, well not quite. It depends on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment