Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Happy Ash Wensday

              I feel so sleepy. I am not sure why it is just to early to go to bed.  I am reading american literature for a class. I must admit that this literature is usually well to be perfectly honest... a bit dull.   I mean Puritan literature is about as interesting as a sermon, because that is the only thing they seem to write. Now however I am getting into the American Revolution, which is about politics. Definetly more interesting but not something I am going to go out of my way to read. I mean at least by this point the English had developed some interesting things to say. Although I will admit to liking some american authors. I like Hawthorne and to a limited extent Poe Flannery O'Connor is also a good writer, and many of the lost generation writers are pretty good.
              Many good things have been developed in America but I am going to say literature is in general, well lacking. Although to be fair it is not America is that old and it is not like I have studied much  of the moderns.  Although I am not impressed by anything that I have read about American Literature that was written in the last seventeen years. I mean all four of those books really were very lame.
           I wonder if I am sleepy because I have not eaten enough today? Not that it matters I  deserve far worse then any of what I am suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment