Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sorry for not updating

          I have for the last week, more or less, been visiting a friend so I have not been able to put up any new posts. I need to find another book to read, but I am going to be so busy with writing my own book (novel?) and do other more practical things that I may have very little time for reading. However, I have been recently been thinking about an all but forgotten medium.
           Storytelling. Oral Storytelling.  Yes, I know it came before the 60's. But people have been doing it for thousands of years. And now in America it is almost obsolete.  It seems a pity to get rid of something that forms such a basic human tradition. I love books (you really couldn't tell?). But there is something more personal, more real, in the telling of a tale. Usually because it follows a stream of consciousness.  In the case of my stories sometimes the ending surprises me.\
             I have the fortune of having many younger brothers who are willing guinea pigs for my stories. Oddly enough they enjoy most are the ones that I tell them where the main character is an insane version of myself and some how or another they end in the story. In one case we were shooting marshmallows from a marshmallow gun. Of course the marshmallows were soaked in gasoline and lit when we fired them. What else would any normal person do?
         Ohhh! today's Christmas. I should have instead written about something christmassy. Like the Christmas Carol, The Nightmare Before Christmas, or maybe the first and second chapter of Luke. Oh well I still have more Christmas season left to write in.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment