Monday, November 22, 2010

About the name...

             Many times in life one finds oneself asking herself deep and mysterious questions about life and death and why in the world did I give my blog this name?  I mean it sounds just a little pretentious (or obnoxious, I have not made up my mind yet).Yeah, I chose it pretty much because I liked the sound of it and the blog title 'this too shall pass' was already taken. Admittedly I am not particularly talented in any type of lamentations.  Nor have I as of yet,  abandoned the blog. Addmitedly I have to wonder why would someone create a blog in order to abandon it.
          That may be a reason why no one had taken this name yet.
           I've never tried to write anything that could be classified as a lamentation, I believe. Well except a depressing farie tale that I wrote the day before my spanish final, which I really ought to have been studing for instead. Laments are much easier to write then romantic poetry. I have written one, but it contains a rather unfortunate line in it.
             "Your intelligence shines in your eyes as it melts out your ears"
                  Okay maybe I could have tried a little harder. Okay maybe I could have tried, still  I think you can appreciate the difficulties involved in romance writing.
                I think I would be safer staying away from all forms of poetry. Maybe I can handle Dr Suess, oh and anglo saxon poetry. Which surprisingly enough have many similarities.
                Both can be hard to understand and both are written for people with a tendency towards ADHD. Uhhh... Ahhh.... another battle scene.. Yeah! And another! You mean that you didn't think that the biblical Judith was bloody enough?  No we need another battle scene hacked on at the end. It is so brillant.
           Someone should write a book something like a 'Psychologist in King Alfred's Court'. By the way the Anglo Saxons would completely win.
           Now do you realize why I say I should be kept away from poetry?
             
          

No comments:

Post a Comment