Tuesday, November 16, 2010

novel beginings

      Okay really dorky title. But it does give a hint of what I am writing about today. I am considering all the proto-novels that I have read. Guess what, I dislike every single one of them. I love novels and I am glad I read the earliest novels, but I mean seriously the first novels were written by and for a bunch of middle class puritan snobs (and before you ask, I'm not a puritan, I'm just a middle class snob).
         Firstly there is the ever famous Robinson Crusoe I hate that book with a passion to great to be expressed by words (but that's never stopped me from trying). First of all it is preachy, in the most annoying way possible. Secondly no matter how much the Crusoe thinks he has changed, and goes on about his own wickedness earlier on, he hasn't really changed he just got wealthier and more self righteous. Also all of his religion faith, belief was focused upon himself, solely. So he was a jerk. And then there was the prosperity gospel going on. When he was good he was successful and when he was bad he wasn't. But it goes even deeper than that, when he was successful that meant he was good and when he was not successful that means that he was being bad. Finally, it was also just boring.
         Oh dear, I seem to have run out of time. Germino!

No comments:

Post a Comment