Thursday, November 18, 2010

Moving On.....

           Although it would perhaps be possible to keep on about the origins of novels for I don't know a month, I think I will move on, because the majority of readers have not read stuff like Pamela. Which people of the time loved. I personally know that it is not particularly well-written, although the parody written of it (Shamela) almost makes it worthwhile. Never mind that. Actually I have no idea what to write about.
            Well for school I had to read and watch The Dollhouse by Ibsen. It was amazing. I can hardly understand how in the world the man can make selfishness look so noble! She became truly herself by leaving her three children and her husband. One of the characters in the play said of helping other people out that she would never make that mistake again (she'd never make the mistake of helping anyone else again). And within the context of the play she was 'justified'.  It's like 'what!'. Let's think this through ( or is that against becoming truly yourself?) By that type of reasoning you can say that anything in heck is justified. You can justify spray painting the prime ministers car, kidnapping and murder by this philosophy. I mean what if  murder always made me feel more completely myself than anything else. Would I be repressed because the government exerts it's cruel dictatorship against me and punishes me for a natural and healthy expressions of my true self hood? It can also justify a person's writing an obnoxious blog. Sort of like this.... Well at least I am not hurting anyone by it, well at least I am not scarring anyone for life (I hope, oh dear).
                Again moving on.....
             One of the more interesting arguments that people had was that the play was against the norms in the day that it was written. In other words it had deeper meaning because it was against the conventions of that day. Well... whether or not it was against the conventions does not make it right or wrong. Besides the conventions have changed and now everyone is for 'free love'. 
               Love is free?
          Well when people give out stuff for free that means that they do not really want it usually.I mean the only stuff we get for free is cheap, easily broken items, that are not even worth the space they take up in the trash can.
              I think that  I want to spend something on love in that case.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I find I like your blog quite a bit. ^_^ So please don't abandon it or I shall lament bitterly. ;)

    ReplyDelete